Recognizing that we're all busy, the Woodland Springs Board of Directors has tried to make the Architectural Change Request Process as efficient as possible. To make it easier, we have provided guidance and the online request form below.
The intention of this review/approval IS NOT to discourage or prevent residents from making improvements. On the contrary, we love improvements. As an HOA, our interest is to protect and increase property values. Part of our responsibility is to ensure the guidelines outlined within our Covenants of 2011 (voted and approved by our residents) are followed.
- What are the Woodland Springs Architecture Standards?
- What constitutes a change; when do I need an approval?
Most changes to the exterior your home (to include landscaping) require approval from the Architecture Review Committee. However, like-for-like replacements or repairs do not require approval. If in doubt, please contact Kirkpatrick Management or the Architectural Review Committee Chairperson.
Joseph Winship Elizabeth Sampson, Chairperson
Kirkpatrick Management Architectural Review Committee
5702 Kirkpatrick Way firstname.lastname@example.org
Indianapolis, IN 46220 317-514-9076
Helpful Links & Resources
- Guide to City of Carmel Residential Building Permits
- Indiana Call Before You Did (or request online)
- Woodland Springs HOA Covenants
- Repainting the exterior of your home the same color
- Replacing dead landscaping
- Resurfacing your driveway
From beginning to end, an ARC request should take less than 30 days.
- Step 1: Ask questions if you're unsure if a request is necessary, how to complete the form, or what to include from images/drawing perspective
- Step 2: Complete and submit the online form (below)
- Step 3: Email relevant photos, images, drawings, plot plan (etc) to: Diane Arnett: email@example.com and Elizabeth Sampson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step 4: Follow-up with Diane Arnett at Kirkpatrick Management if you have not been contacted within 3 business days at 317-570-4358 or email@example.com
- Step 5: If the request is not complicated and follows the Covenant guidelines the ARC Committee will generally approve the request. If it's unclear, requires interpretation, or revision, your request may be presented to the Board of Directors for their review before approval/denial is given.
- Step 6: You will receive formal approval via email and/or written letter from Kirkpatrick Management or the ARC Chairperson: Elizabeth Sampson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step 7: Contact Kirkpatrick Management and the ARC Chairperson when the project is complete so the homeowner's file can be closed and changes to the property be duly noted.
Architectural Change Request Form
Images associated with your request must be emailed in addition to this form. Helpful images include: photos representing the finished project, landscape drawings, your plot plan, architectural drawings, etc. Please email them to: Diane Arnett: email@example.com
Every effort will be made to confirm receipt of your request within 3 business days. According to the Covenants, the Architectural Review Committee has 30 days to approve, deny, or suggest revisions to each request. Generally, requests are approved/denied within 7 - 10 business days. Please have ARC approval prior to signing contracts or beginning exterior work on your home or property.